SALT LAKE CITY — One of the teenagers hospitalized last week after a lightning strike in Sevier County is now back home.

Kaileigh Saling, 15, was part of the youth group participating in a walk Thursday as part of the trip with the Saline Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

“We all started our walk, and it was raining really, really hard,” Kaileigh said. “We could hear thunder and see lightning, but it was coming down super hard.”

Then lightning struck nearby.

“The person on the other side of the person in the middle who was holding an umbrella attracted the lightning and the lightning then struck or struck the umbrella,” Kaileigh said.

50 children reported feeling the shock of the lightning strike. Kaileigh believes she and one other person suffered the most.

“It just felt weird, like my body was tingling. It felt really weird. It felt like I was being coddled and held on a cloud. It was like I was floating in the air and then I blacked out,” Kaileigh said.

She told FOX 13 News on Wednesday that she came to within a minute.

“Someone lifted my head and it felt like all those rocks and gravity were pressing down on me,” Kaileigh said.

Kaileigh says she was taken by ambulance to a parking lot in Salina, where she was flown by helicopter to Primary Children’s Hospital in Lehi.

She said doctors there examined her to make sure she had no incoming or outgoing lightning wounds. She says she was eventually taken to the hospital’s campus in Salt Lake.

“She has nerve damage on the right side of her body, so her arm and leg are tingling or numb or hurting, she’s in a lot of pain, especially in her arm,” said Rachel Saling, Kaileigh’s mother. “The fractures are in her L5 S1.”

Rachel says her daughter also suffered a concussion and fractures to her L5-S1 spine from the incident.

She says Kaileigh’s recovery will take some time.

“In a few months the neurologist will do a test to see if there has been any improvement. We hope that the situation will improve over time,” said Rachel.

“I still have months, maybe years, to be able to do the things I used to do,” Kaileigh adds.

Kaileigh says she was released from the hospital on Sunday.

She currently wears a back brace and is undergoing physical and occupational therapy.

“I want it to happen as quickly and as well as possible,” Kaileigh said.

Kaileigh is back home and on the mend, and is thankful that this incident didn’t turn out much worse.

“It was scary, but at the same time I thought, oh well, at least it didn’t hit one person and at least it didn’t kill all of us,” Kaileigh said.

FOX 13 News reached out to the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday to see if all the teens have been released from the hospital. We have not heard back at this time.